Friday, August 5, 2011

Tuna Cutlets

'TUNA' the very word repels most people I know. I guess its the smell that puts most off. I was one among those people too, before I tasted these yummy cutlets. Fathima, a good friend of mine sent some over and they were all gone within 10 minutes!!! No kidding. 


After eating these absolutely delicious cutlets,I just had to get the recipe  and try them out for myself. Fathima was sweet enough to give me the recipe and I was delighted at how simple it was to make them. They became my most favourite snack to make for tea parties. As many times as I made them, people who tasted them for the first time always loved them and were surprised to know they were made with tuna.


Well, I guess I shall stop talking about it now and give you the recipe to these yummy bites because you have to try them out yourself to know what I'm talking about.


To make tuna cutlets you will need
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 15 minutes
Makes around 26 medium sized cutlets
Ingredients:

2 tbsps oil
a few curry leaves
1tsp mustard seeds
1 tin tuna steak/chunks (drained)
1 onion
1 boiled potato - mashed
1 tomato - peeled&chopped
1 1/2 tbsp pepper powder
salt to taste
Ingredients needed for outter coating
2eggs beaten well
breadcrumbs
oil to deep fry the cutlets
Procedure:
  • Take oil in a pan and add the curry leaves and mustard seeds until they crackle.
  • Add chopped onions to this and saute.Then add the tin of tuna and continue to stir. Add chopped tomato and saute for 2-3 minutes. Then add mashed potato along with pepper powder and salt to taste.

  • Mix well and let it cool. 

  • Make small rounded balls with this mixture and dip each ball into the beaten egg and then coat it with breadcrumbs.

  • Deep fry until golden brown

Serve hot with ketchup or mayo. Enjoy!!


Notes

  1. You can try this recipe with  shredded chicken or beef too if you don't want to use tuna. The tuna tin was 150g so take the equivalent of chicken or beef instead. 
Shabnam




4 comments:

  1. ive never tasted tuna. love that plate !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let this be your first time then : ) I can't eat raw tuna myself but these taste great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey nicely done....and thanks for the mention:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you : ) and thanks for giving me the recipe to these yummy cutlets : )

    ReplyDelete

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...