Fruits in their original form are very rarely relished by kids. Disguising a fruit as a lolly is a brilliant idea! I came across this recipe in a local magazine and I just had to try it out!!!
It was easy, no cook, and ready in no time. Its healthy and they get their portion of fruits for the day, along with chocolate.
I knew Zia would enjoy her banana disguised as a lolly, coated with chocolate and a generous helping of sprinkles. Try it. I'm sure your kids will enjoy this healthy treat.
To make these lollies you will needPreparation time 8-10 minutes
Makes 2 choco banana lollies
30g cooking chocolate(milk or dark. which ever your kid prefers)
2 lolly sticks
- Place the cooking chocolate in a heatproof bowl and double boil it over a pan of hot water to melt it.
- While the chocolate is melting, cut the banana into two and insert a lolly stick in each half.
- Stir the chocolate until its smooth. Let it remain over the pan of hot water so the chocolate stays melted.
- Spoon the chocolate over each half of the banana.
- Sprinkle the lovely coloured sprinkles on the chocolate covered banana lolly and set aside for 5 minutes before your toddler can enjoy this yummy treat.
- The original recipe used dessicated coconut instead of sprinkles. I used sprinkles because Zia would prefer them over the dessicated coconut.
- If you like you can serve the lolly immediately after coating it with chocolate and sprinkles. It takes 5 minutes for the chocolate to set. Serving it immediately will let your toddler enjoy the chocolate when its soft and a bit gooey. This can be a little more messy but they do enjoy this more.
- This healthy snack can be enjoyed by grown ups too ;)
- Its a good, easy way to finish up bananas and its enjoyed by all