These lightly flavoured potato wedges take no effort to make, are BAKED and go perfectly with a sandwich, which makes a great meal when I want a day off from cooking.
They also make a lovely evening snack with tea or coffee when you are catching up with a friend :)
Before I got this lovely recipe, I always had a packet of frozen wedges stocked in the freezer. Home made wedges are definitely more healthy cos they are made fresh, have no hydrogenated vegetable fat, can be made to suit your taste and are easy to make.
I got this lovely recipe from Ruchika who is an excellent cook and makes some yummy treats, just like these wedges.
I have used Rooster potatoes here as they are perfect for baking. If they are locally available to you, they are a good choice for baked wedges.
Here's what you will need to make potato wedges
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking times 50 minutes to an hour
Serves 2 people
4 medium sized potatoes
2 tbsps olive oil
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp oregano
2 cloves of garlic - crushed
salt to taste
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Wash and thickly slice the potatoes. Transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, chilli flakes, oregano, crushed garlic and salt to this. Mix well so all the slices are coated with the spices.
- Transfer to a baking tray and pop it into the pre heated oven.
- Let them bake for 50 minutes or until a lovely golden brown.
Enjoy hot with ketchup or mayo
- You can add coarsely ground black pepper instead of chilli flakes depending on your taste.
- Check on the wedges after half an hour and turn over a few if need be.