Why do I call them Brilliant Brownies??? Cos they simply are! :) They are easy to make and turn out just perfect. Soft and a bit gooey, just the way brownies should be!!!
My friend Ruchika, gave me the recipe to these most amazing brownies nearly over a year ago. I never really got around to making them until just a few weeks back when I had to go to a friends house for dinner. I was wondering what I could make to take along. I wanted to make something that din't take much time or effort(I can be a bit lazy at times. then again, we all are sometimes :) ) I was going through all the recipes and unused ingredients I had. Brownies seemed perfect since I had some left over cooking chocolate and it was the easiest recipe I had ;) Worked out great! The brownies were a big hit.
I made them again for a tea party at my place and I made double the amount then. Yes! they were all gone! Every last crumb of them :)
My husband requested the brownies again y'day and so on special request I am making them again. So join me and let's make them together...
Here's what you will need to make brilliant brownies
Preparation time - 10 minutes
Cooking time - 30 minutes
Makes 16 medium sized brownies
WARNING : you might want to keep the whole thing for yourself ;)
3/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup white sugar
1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
1 cup walnuts
- Grease and dust a small rectangular pan (6"x10") and place aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Throw in the cooking chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl and microwave it for 2 minutes on high. Stir until chocolate melts.
- Add the sugar to this and mix well. Then add eggs, flour and vanilla essence and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then use an electric blender and beat it for 2 minutes. This is to make sure the eggs are beaten in well and all the ingredients are blended in together.
- Lastly add the walnuts and stir gently with a wooden spoon. The batter is really thick like most brownie batters.
- Pour this into the greased tray and pop it into the pre heated oven and let it bake for half an hour. Wait patiently for finger licking brilliant brownies :)
Once done, remove and let it cool. Over turn the tray onto a wired rack or non grease paper and cut into medium pieces. Alternatively cute into medium pieces and serve directly from the tray.
Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve hot with any ice cream of your choice or enjoy with a glass of chilled milk.
- The original recipe uses 200g unsweetened chocolate and 2 cups white sugar. I couldn't find unsweetened chocolate so I used the normal cooking chocolate and reduced the quantity of sugar to 1 cup.
- The second time I made them, I used coffee essence instead of vanilla essence(cos i ran out of vanilla essence) and it gave them a great flavour. You could try it for a new flavoured brownie.