Monday, August 1, 2011

Pepper Chicken


My daughter and me thoroughly enjoy a hearty meal of daal and rice but being true Tamilians at heart, we do enjoy it more with something to 'tottify' at the side :)
I was wondering what to make as a tottifier for lunch today. I needed to make something quick and easy.  What had I not made in a while that was quick and easy and yumm!? Of course! pepper chicken! Since I had some left over pre boiled chicken from the spring roll filling I made, it hardly took me 5 minutes to make this dish.
I had boneless chicken so I've used just 250g. You can make it with normal chicken pieces as well ( it is actually much tastier with the bones) and use 500g instead. Also, I've added green chilli paste instead of slit green chillies for one simple reason -  when my husband sees whole green chillies in any dish he finds it extra spicy also if its not :) 
Pepper chicken is something made at my mom's as a usual tottifier with daal and rice or rassam sadam. That's where I got this lovely recipe from.
To make it you will need
Preparation time - 15 minutes
Cooking time - 5-7 minutes
Serves - 4 people
Ingredients
250g chicken cooked in 1tsp ginger garlic paste
1 onion
1 green pepper
1 tsp coarsely ground pepper
1/2 tsp green chilli paste or 2 slit green chillies
1 tbsp oil

Procedure

  • Cut the onion and pepper into cubes and toss them in a pan with 1 tbsp oil and salt to taste. Sauté for 2 minutes and add the coarsely ground pepper and green chillies to this.
  • Continue to sauté further until the onions are translucent. Add chicken to this and sitr well.  
  • Stir so all ingredients are blended well together. If you dont want it too dry then you can add 2-3tbsps of water at this stage and bring it to a boil. Remove from flame and serve hot with daal and rice or anything of your choice.

Enjoy
Note
  1. You can make this dish with fish, lamb or any vegetable of your choice
Shabnam

     

2 comments:

  1. always love your presentation of rice and side accompaniments

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) thanks. tastes as good as it looks ; ) do try it

    ReplyDelete

addthis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...